Friday, January 18, 2008

worst episode ever




Okay so I'm checking my emails, which i'll admit i'm a couple of days behind on, and i see a forward from someone. First off forwards are okay if they are entertaining but if they're spam, religious, upsetting, or just poorly written me no likey. comprende? Anyways the forward I was about to read fell under the category of religion and upsetting but I didn't know that before I opened it had I of known I definetly would've deleted it. So not knowing what was ahead I opened it and after scrolling past all the numerous email address of the readers and senders before me I began to read said forward. It started off talking about god and jesus and how you shouldn't take their name in vain and stuff. Then it goes on to give examples which i'll paraphrase below.


"john lennon in a magazine interview said the beatles were bigger than jesus... a month later he was murdered"


"billy grahm paid a visit to marilyn monroe in her apartment to tell her about jesus. she told him i don't need your jesus.. a week later she was found dead in her apartment"


There was one about this reporter who said something about god and the next day she was burned beyond recognition in her automobile. There was another one about a girl who was going somewhere with her car load full of friends who either were drunk/had been drinking when her mom told her something along the lines of may god go with you and protect you to which the daughter replied "not unless god sits in the trunk because there's no room for him" or something like that and the car later got in a car wreck. the car was destroyed beyond recognition except the trunk that was in perfect condition. the cops said it was impossible for the trunk to be unharmed when the car had been destroyed so badly and when they opened the trunk there was egg which were in perfect, uncracked condition. The last one I read was about an entertainer from a different country who was bi-sexual and of course said something that "offended" god/jesus. It went on to tell that sometime after he said that he died horribly from AIDS. There were more but I was so disgusted and sick to my stomach I couldn't go on.


How could someone take the time to write up a forward that takes the tragic ending of each persons current life and turn it into a twisted bible lesson? To me this is the kind of thing that adults tell children to brainwash them into believing the person whom is supposed to be their lord/savior is a "boogie man" of sorts to fear for the punishment will result in an untimely realease from this life. You see this is the problem I have with people who preach their faiths upon others. Using fear tactics, especially ones that turn the dearly departed into evil people who got what was coming to them, is just... just... horrible and in this case disgusting. I hate that there's some who will say you can't love who you want because their version of jesus will disaprove and send you to a place of eternal pain and suffering. I hate that people will pull from the bible only the parts that pertain to the hatred of things unconventional/different/liberal or what have you and deny the parts that say jesus was a cool dude who loved everyone and if you do something that's wrong/sinfull you can just say my jesus do you forgive me he'd just be all "of course i forgive you cause i love you. if i didn't love you i wouldn't of died for your sins". you know he's supposed to be like that parent that tells you to be honest with them and they won't be mad and then when you are honest about what happened just want to make sure you're okay.

who knows though maybe i'm wrong. maybe i'm just an ignorant little buddhist who doesn't know a jesus from a jesus (pronounced hey-seuss) or maybe people are just forgetting what religions are for these days. they're not to scare kids into behaving. they're to give your life a kind of purpose or roadmap to help you get to where you're going... well at least that's what i think.

No comments: